Abrasive blasting is an mechanical operation of cleaning or preparing a surface by forcibly propelling a stream of abrasive material on the surface using a compressed gas (typically air) or pressurized liquid (typically water) as a propellant. Abrasive grains used for the blasting operation ranges from coarse grits to micron sized particle depending upon the operation and desired results.
KOWA specialize in manufacturing of a complete line of closed sized abrasive grains in various shapes, sizes and densities, etc. to perfectly fit any blasting operation and working condition.
KOWA Sharp range of abrasive grains due to it high hardness, toughness and strength combined with sharp edged grains, self sharpening characteristics and high resistant to mechanical wear and tear increases the mechanical effciency to surface cleaning and surface preparation and increases the recyclability of the grains thereby reducing the dust generation during dry blasting to minimal. These characteristics of the KOWA sharp grains along with its excellent chemical inertness makes it an ideal blasting media for all blasting operations.
- Valves casing cleaning
- Foundry industry for cleaning of casting.
- Textile industry for machine part finishing before plasma coating
- Cleansing of instrumental coating.
- Surface preparation before electroplating
- Cleaning of automotive part before painting
- Etching surface before metal spraying
- Production of opaque glasses
- Pressure blasting of granites and marble for engraving purpose.
- Turbine blade blasting
- Nonstick cookware blasting prior to teflon coating
- For Heat treatment casting.