Bonded abrasives is a matrix of closed size abrasive grains pressed or moulded together with the help of vitrified, resinoid or rubber bonding material into a variety of shapes, like grinding wheel, honing stone etc. The matrix is fired at high temperature to provide a high strength bonding between the abrasive grains.
We specialize in manufacturing of a complete line of closed sized abrasive grains in various shapes, sizes and densities, etc. to perfectly fit any grinding application and working condition.
We Sharp grains are blocky sharp edges with low iron and silica content. Its high toughness & hardness (Mohs Hardness 9), excellent abrasion resistance, high corrosion resistance properties combined with cooler cutting characteristics, appropriate friability, multi-fracturing properties exposing sharp edges and self sharpening characteristics makes it an ideal raw material for the manufacturing of bonded abrasive for all applications.
- Ball grinding & ball lapping wheel
- Rice polishing wheel
- Gear grinding wheel
- Cam grinding wheel
- Crankshaft grinding wheel
- Valve components grinding
- Internal grinding wheel
- Thin wheel
- Tool room grinding wheel
- Roll grinding wheel
- Mounted pins
- Centreless grinding wheel
- Razor blade
- Flute grinding
- Bearing grinding wheel
Coated abrasives is a three component system consisting of abrasive grains adhering to the semi-flex backing like paper, cloth, fibre, plastic film etc with the help of resin or glue bond.
Coated Abrasive is manufactured as rolls which is then converted into different foams like belts, disc, flap disc, flap wheel & spindle mop, sheet & non- woven products.
KOWA specialize in manufacturing of a complete line of closed sized abrasive grains in various shapes, sizes and densities, etc. to perfectly fit any coated abrasive application and working condition.
KOWA Sharp Grains for coated abrasives are angular, sharp edged with high capillarity for instant adhesion to resin or glue bonds and electrostatic characteristics carefully monitored to provide consistent and reliable grain projection. The High hardness (mohs hardness 9) and toughness of the KOWA Sharp grains combined with the multi-fracturing property , self sharpening characteristics and cooler cutting characteristics of the grains makes it an ideal raw material for the manufacturing of coated abrasives for any application.
Coated abrasives are used by hand or on machines, applications are extremely varied, at home and in industry for:
Fine finishes: hand sanding or polishing of wooden cabinets, car bodies primers, metals.
High precision operations: Optical lens polishing, magnetic head super-finishing.
Medium stock removal with portable or fixed machines: Floor sanding, disc grinding of metal, endless belts grinding of wood, metal, glass.
Heavy stock removal with wide (up to 3 m) belts on high power machines to grind stainless steel sheets or coils or to calibrate plywood or chipboard panels.
Abrasive blasting is an mechanical operation of cleaning or preparing a surface by forcibly propelling a stream of abrasive material on the surface using a compressed gas (typically air) or pressurized liquid (typically water) as a propellant. Abrasive grains used for the blasting operation ranges from coarse grits to micron sized particle depending upon the operation and desired results.
KOWA specialize in manufacturing of a complete line of closed sized abrasive grains in various shapes, sizes and densities, etc. to perfectly fit any blasting operation and working condition.
KOWA Sharp range of abrasive grains due to it high hardness, toughness and strength combined with sharp edged grains, self sharpening characteristics and high resistant to mechanical wear and tear increases the mechanical effciency to surface cleaning and surface preparation and increases the recyclability of the grains thereby reducing the dust generation during dry blasting to minimal. These characteristics of the KOWA sharp grains along with its excellent chemical inertness makes it an ideal blasting media for all blasting operations.
- Valves casing cleaning
- Foundry industry for cleaning of casting.
- Textile industry for machine part finishing before plasma coating
- Cleansing of instrumental coating.
- Surface preparation before electroplating
- Cleaning of automotive part before painting
- Etching surface before metal spraying
- Production of opaque glasses
- Pressure blasting of granites and marble for engraving purpose.
- Turbine blade blasting
- Nonstick cookware blasting prior to teflon coating
- For Heat treatment casting.
A Refractory is a material which can withstand high temperature and at the same time retains its structure and are physically & chemically stable. Fused minerals due to their ability to withstand high temperature along with high resistance to corrosion, abrasion & impact , is used for the manufacturing of Refractories material (fired & monolithic) owing to the fact that Refractories materials are in continuous exposure to the combination of heat, corrosion, abrasion and impact under working condition.
Kowa Heat fused minerals grains possesses high purity with uniform composition and are chemically & physically stable at high temperature. Also its high resistance to corrosion and chemical attack, low thermal expansion, high strength to withstand aggressive abrasion & impact, high thermal shock resistance and adequate thermal conductivity makes it an ideal raw material for the manufacturing of refractories (fired & monolithic).
- Lining of Furnace, Kiln, Incinerators, Reactors for metal, ceramic, cement and chemical & petrochemical, glass, carbon black industries.
- Manufacture of crucibles
- Kiln furniture
- Ceramic Filter for metal purification
- Tap hole mass
- Ramming mass
“ISHIKAWALITE” is a high class pumice stone which is superior in moisture absorbency, acoustic absorptivity, thermal insulation, humidity maintenance and fire resistance, and therefore ISHIKAWALITE can be put to various uses like: Material to extract residue, Material to develop a pesticide,A filtering material, Material for gardening, Light aggregate for construction or wall material.
Material to extract residue
- ISHIKAWALITE can extract any slag on the surface of melt at casting and iron mill to ensure total pure melt. It also serves very well as anti-oxidant and heat-retaining material.Characteristics
- ISHIKAWALITE can eliminate any slag and foreign materials in melt iron altogether and at one time.
- Can make it easy to conduct operations in using pouring ladles, etc, by preventing reflection.
- Can equally spread out on the surface of melt and prevent any slag and foreign materials from incorporating during the casting by gathering them.
- Does not affect any substance of melted iron.
- Easy to handle : Small amount for use at one time and no rising mine dust while scattering.
- More useful than straws ashes and chaff in terms of storage management with the least space for keeping it.
- Our product is available all seasons and there is no danger of a fire.
- We produce this material in specialized factories in order for the quality to be stable.
The way in which this material is to be used:
Put ISHIKAWALITE onto dipper or scoop, bring them to near the surface of melted iron and scatter our product over it.While foaming, this material does the membrane of the surface of melted iron rapidly and equally, and then it combines with slag to form foaming substance.You put apart this forming substance catching with suitable attack. You can obtain normal melt iron.
The quantity consumed varies according to kind of the melted, pouring ladles, capacity of melting furnace and purpose of use. In general, please scatter approximately 0.3L to 0.6L of ISHIKAWALITE per 1t of the melted.
Don’t scatter heaps of our products such as straw ashes over the melt.
Product Typical SPECIFICATION
Absorption proportion 29.2% (JIS:R:A5208)
Porosity test 77.6% (ISHIKAWALITE №1) (JIS:R:2614)
PH test 5.5-6.5
Acid resistance test
60 Be sulfuric acid, Be sulfuric acid + concentrated nitric acid 2.3%…unchanged
30 Be sulfuric acid, Be sulfuric acid + concentrated nitric acid 2.3%…unchanged
ISHIKAWALITE is natural glass (SiO2), so it is extremely stable scientifically
Refractoriness SK3a (C1,140 ) (JIS:R:2204)
Freezing test, leave the product at -20 during 24 hours…unchanged (JIS:A:5208)
Saturated permeation factor 2.5×10-2m/s